Sunday, January 18, 2009

Talks with an old friend

Hi.

I've reconnect with an old friend about a month ago and we talk about everything and anything and I've had the best time catching up. J has read my blog (all the way from the beginning..wow) and had a bunch of questions to ask but one of them got my attention when I was reading the email again the other day.

What exactly are your grievances against your ex-wife?

Well, back then the answer was pretty simple. I was very hurt and angry and confused over the whole situation that caused us to end our marriage. I would like to think that I am a pretty easy going person and being in a relationship isn't very difficult. Maybe I was wrong about the whole thing. 

What is my grievance now? 

I don't have one. I know that she wasn't happy to be with me and she needed to get out. I never agreed totally with everything but I understand if you feel like you're trapped in something. I hoped that because we were friends for so long that we couldn't talk about everything and come to a easier solution for both of us. Now I don't feel anger or resentment. I joke about it actually.

I say that because I did find out that she was here in town for the FSU-UF game and that bothered me because she didn't even think to look me up. Maybe she's read my blogs and thinks I'm still pissed..or maybe my jokes about everything doesn't work for her?? :) I don't know and the past is what it is but I always think you can grow and move on. I understand about being pissed and I still hold grudges with people but not with her. Something like that can effect future relationships...which I know it has...

I love life and everything it offers me and I try to accept everyday with hope, wonder and amazement. My hopes and dreams are to move to a close friend and hopefully starting some kind of future. We'll see what happens...and I'll keep you posted.

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday.
Peace, Love and Thick Blankets!

No comments: