Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm back...I hope!

Hi.

It's been a while since I've written and with all the things that have gone on in my life since the last post I figured now would be as good a time as any to start back. I think the best way to start is to re-introduce myself and my blog to anyone who has, or hasn't been reading (I know someone that just recently started reading it from the first post, so I KNEW it was time):

My name is Michael and I live in the state capital of Florida. I'm a 40 yr old (close to 41) Black male who started writing this as a form of therapy and release after going through my separation/divorce. I have a pretty decent job and I'm still madly in love with my good friend who lives in Tampa. I have a lot of acquaintenances but I keep a pretty tight circle of close friends who I truly share myself with. I had read so many blogs about normal people and their lives and I figured it was easy enough so I should give it a try. I've done so many things with this blog in the past 4 years (writing about myself, sports, Daily Motivators) that I've decided to go back to the thing I'm the best at...writing about myself and the things that go on in my life. I do write about my friends or situations that happen but I do respect them so I will NEVER use your name. I think it's more interesting anyway when I get messages and people really want to know who they are and did this stuff REALLY happen. 

I've always treasured my friends and the relationships that I've made with them. Some of them have been short and sweet and some of them I've known all my life. When I meet you I give everyone the benefit of the doubt that I will be your friend forever...that's the gullable side of me I guess. Most people haven't abused my friendship but there have been a few...so if you noticed that when I end my messages that I love you all, except a couple of you...that's why. I don't call it a slam it's just a fact of life that I want to keep. 

Anyway..enough about that...let's talk about other things.

The past year has been nothing but...well it's sucked. I've had friends who've lost their girl, I lost a girlfriend, I turned 40 and near the end of the year I lost my aunt to cancer. There were good times in 2008 as well (reconnected with a lot of old friends, created a group on Facebook for people to reconnect with each other, and various trips all over the country) but for the most part if I had to rate 2008 I would give it a 4. I am always the optimist so I do feel 2009 will be a great year because I have so many things to look forward to and I will keep all of you posted on my happenings. 

Well I didn't want to get into a lot of things today but I wanted to re-introduce myself again. I do have somethings to write about so I'll have more blogs soon. I haven't decided whether I want to write everyday but with the long holiday weekend I could probably start and keep it going...it kinda was one of my New Year resolutions...

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. Stay warm!!

Peace, Love and Thick Blankets!!
Toker

No comments: