Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tuesday Thoughts...

Hello.

Just some ramblings before my main blog:

  • Have you ever had one of those days where you wanted to slap someone...try today for me.
  • I hate incompetence.
  • When is my next vacation?
  • Did I say that I hate incompetence?
Anyway, back to my story.:

It's amazing what you can learn from people. I was taking time during my day to read a blog that a friend of mine wrote and I have to admit that it was pretty deep...even for her (that was a joke!!). It was just a list of things that she supports but then with each of them she had great reasons why. If people were more understanding like this person maybe we would all get along. I am not going to cut and paste the blog into mine because that's her personal property but I am going to take some of the list and give my reasons why I support what I do. I hope you find mine just as interesting as I found hers. Well, here goes something:


I support...

- the entire United States military

These young men and women lay down their lives EVERY DAY so I can sit here and blog and we can sit around and complain about what's so wrong in the world. They are tougher than I ever can be and I have the utmost respect for all of them.

- homosexuals

As I don't condone their actions I do respect their right to "be". People are so hung up on prejudice that they can see the good inside everyone.

- mothers who want abortions

It's not my choice and to be honest, it has to be one of the toughest choices in the world to make but I also respect their right to make that choice.

- single moms

My mother is a shining example. She did an awful lot with nothing and she did a hell of a job. Even with the illness with my brother before he died and my sister and her actions she loved us all and still made something of her life of being more than a mother. She is, and always will be, my hero.

- divorced people

Since I am divorced I can speak on experience. It can be devastating on someone to loose that person that they trusted, loved, shared their life with, but these people don't throw in the towel. They pick themselves up, just off the pain and get right back in there. There is someone for everyone. I am living proof.

- married people

I was also there too. Getting to the altar and being married was one of the scariest and toughest things I've gone through. Marriage is not always fun and games. It's compromise, giving of yourself when you don't have the energy, falling in and out of love but knowing the true reason why you're together, bringing two households together with different living styles and most important...accepting the person that you're with, faults and all loving them with all your heart.

- reefer mongrels

Since I was also one of those in my college days I can speak on this too. Pot is not something to play with. It does take a person with strong will power to be able to mess with it and not let it consume your life. Those people that have let it just know that someone out there cares about you and if you ever need help look for it. Even if you don't know me and you're reading this let me know and I can do everything in my power to get you the help you need or send you messages of encouragement. I am not only here for my friends and family, I like to feel God put me on Earth to help everyone.

- musicians

They are the muse of mankind. They bring us joy, help us through pain and entertain even when you don't expect it...have ya listened to some of the new commercials lately?? :)

- big sisters

I have one. To be honest, she hurt my mother really bad the past few years with her actions, especially while my brother was growing weaker and eventually passed. I still love her and I hope that she sees the error of her ways and tells mom that's she is sorry...for everything.

- assholes

Even assholes have their place in the world. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't take the time to debate issues that effect us.

- ex girlfriends

This is a tough one to answer, but I truly support every ex girlfriend. They made me into the person that I am today, whether that's a good or bad thing. I learned from all of them but also they did chip a little bit of the good side of me. I still love them all but it's not the same love that I have for my girlfriend. I will always wish them well hope that their lives are filled with joy and happiness.


Whew!! That was a long one. Like I said, I hope you get something out of this. Hopefully I'll write more tomorrow...but who knows, I think I've written for the month!!

Peace, Love and Thick Burgers!

1 comment:

Duckboxxer said...

Feel the need for philosophizing?