Thursday, April 27, 2006

What I've learned today...

Hi.

The past couple days have been awesome. I came into training like a sponge wanting to soak up information and I got every bit out of it that I wanted and so much more. As they said, "Knowledge like this can change people's lives." They are so true.

This won't be a long blog as I have my friend coming over and we have dinner tonight, but I do want to impart these few things that I learned. Only you can change you, so if you want to use it, great..if not...then that's great as well:
  • We all communicate in 3 actions: The Body Language we use, the Tone we portray and the words we use. Be cognitive of when you talk to people and you can learn so much.
  • All people are one of 3 types: Passive, Agressive, Assertive. Learning how to talk to each of those types will take you a long way in personal growth.
  • 2/3 of all Americans have low Self Esteem: We acquired this by the outside influences we have in life (advertisements, parents, peers)
  • You cannot change people...You can help people change behavior.
  • Stop trying to fix people.
  • You cannot motivate anyone.
  • For every 50 words you say, people only hear 10...so always remember less is more.
And with that...I will leave you for the evening.

Take care all.

No comments: