Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Thoughts

Hi.

It's been since June since I've written..and every time I say I'm going to write I don't so I think I'm not going to say it anymore...or maybe I could just make it a New Year's Resolution.. ;)

I'm really not going to write about the entire 2011 year but I can sum it up as a Tale of Quarters. 

The first quarter was really actually nice. I had reconnected with some people I hadn't been with in a long time. It was fun and I was feeling like I was back to my old self again. 
The second quarter basically sucked ass. Financially I took a big hit, my home was broken into, my car broke down on me and a lot of other shit I really don't want to rehash. 
The third quarter I felt like I was pulling myself out of the hole and things started to look better. Right before the forth quarter of the year I decided to give up everything and have a new attitude so when I go into 2012 I will recharge, refocus and be a better person. 
I can say even though it's still been rough financially that the last 3 months I'm closer to peace. I reconnected with someone that I've had a blast talking to and spending time with and I hope 2012 will bring more of the same. My old friends are still there and some of us are actually closer and some of them I've decided to push to the wayside. One of my mantras that I was going into 2012 was to stop hanging around or involving myself in drama and now that most of that has been removed from my life I'm like a new person. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hearing gossip on the Coconut Telegraph but I'm getting out of the loop...and I sleep better!!

So, what does 2012 have in store for me? I have no clue but I've decided to give everything up and just enjoy myself and my friends. Would I love to start a new relationship...who wouldn't (well the people that are married..and if you are married and thinking about starting a new relationship..stop it now) but it's easier for me to ride the wave and see what happens. Would I love to start a new job..sure but with the economy as it is and the way they're treating State Employees I'm going to lay low unless something comes at my feet. I don't plan on leaving Tallahassee at least for another year or 3 unless I win the lottery tonight...even them Casa de Toker will still be here..it might be torn down for a newer place, but I love the neighborhood where I live and I actually do love this town. I've had some of my best, and worst times here but it's where I call home now and I wouldn't have it any other way. I do have some personal health goals that I'm looking forward to, but I'm not calling them resolutions...just goals. I've done a hell of a good job with myself last year so I'm going to keep going. 25 more pounds and some better looking muscles I see myself actually going shirtless more often by the middle of 2012 and especially by football season.

Crap...I gotta go. I hope you all have a great Saturday and maybe..I'll start posting more often. Maybe I should change my blog to Confessions of the "Mayor" of Tallahassee.

Until then...Peace, Love and Thick Blankets!!

No comments: