Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tuesday tirades...

Good evening.

I spent a while this evening doing something I completely dislike...shopping. And what made it even worse...I went to the mall and went shopping too. But to make it palatable I did the only two things that make me smile..shop for FSU Gear and People Watch. I have to admit a few things after spending time in the Food Court munching on a slice of pizza from Sbarro:

  • Is it me or has the general size of the ass gotten larger in my old age? I remember when I was a kid people's asses just weren't that large and if they were it was on a grandma or an old person, which made it acceptable. Sitting there I noticed that so many women just had tremendously large rear ends...and especially the sistas...(yes, I said sistas)
  • I don't know what's in our food supply, but women's boobs are getting tremendously bigger at a very young age. There was this girl in the mall and I swear she couldn't have been more than twelve, but she had enough for at least 3 or 4 young ladies. Not that I have a problem with boobs (no comment), but should there be Senate Hearings on stuff like this..no wonder we're dying off young. It almost makes me want to go organic...I said almost.
  • And another thing..when did flip flops become normal socially acceptable "being out" wear? Believe me, I grew up less than 30 minutes away from the beach, but even in town people wore shoes. No wonder people complain about their feet...get some comfortable shoes, dammit!!
  • And one last thing...do people really look at themselves before they leave the house? You can't honestly tell me that these people think they actually look good..cause let me tell you somethin sista..you don't. I remember in High School when kids rebelled at their parents by wearing anything you wanted, but in my mother's place..you wore what she bought or you wore nothing. You had some say so, but her checkbook dictated the fashion..not television. I didn't dare ask my mother for $150 shoes or other bullshit like that. She would have looked at me like I lost my mind...To this day I don't think I have even bought a pair of shoes over $50.

I could go on and on, but I am sure you think this is boring or the craziest rant I've gone on yet..and no I am not drunk or high...it's just been on my nerves.

  • And another thing..I hate shopping. Never liked it, never will. I don't like being bugged by sales people and I damn sure don't like dropping a wad of cash, but sometimes it's a necessary fact of life. You don't have to like it, but you're going to have to do it..but I am going to bitch until the cows come home.

Anyway, I better get some shut eye. I was kinda asleep already, but I couldn't get this out of my head so I figured I better put the fingers to the keyboard so I can get it off my chest.

Good nite all...

By the way, Roxy and Ricki I owe you a phone call. I promise you are on my list. Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone and take care of it when someone is in the Bahamas...hmm??

1 comment:

Denise said...

TOO TRUE!!! Yes, a couple of friends were out tonight too and we were commenting on the "it must be the chicken in these young girls!" I guess my mom bought us the organic stuff at the Navy commercery, cause I sure don't have the C cup these 13 year olds have... then again, just wait till they are 50... they will be waterwings. So maybe I am doing okay!
Though I also think that sales people should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a woman to try on clothes that are too small and telling them they look good! It's sad. Oh well. I'll stick with comfy and covering some of the skin on my body.
Amusing to hear a guy rant on these same things we do. hehehehe Sweet dreams Mike!