Monday, October 24, 2005

From Chilly Tallahassee...

Hello all.

Hope most of you are keeping either dry or warm. I am so happy Fall is finally here. Tonight I get to sleep in pajamas....YEAH!!!

Anyway, onto the news....

While I've been walking around my neighborhood I've noticed signs that say, "Vote NO for Coal!". So, since I'm a person with a brain I decided to research on the issue. Seems like a Coal-Fired Plant is being built in an adjacent county in the next few years. The vote coming around in the next couple weeks is not whether we want the coal plant, but whether we want to have a stake in the opinion of how the plant will be built, emissions, etc.

This basically goes to show you how much people are like sheep in this country. The plant is going to be built, whether or not you vote yes or no, but don't you think you would want a say in how the plant is built? How environmentally safe the plant is? How much this will help us lower our utility bills? People think if you vote no the plant is going to go away...and some people are going to vote without looking at the issue. I know that voting is a right..but sometimes I wonder if people even know what they vote for...maybe if they would have thought back in 2004, maybe we wouldn't be in the mess we're in and maybe the Republican party wouldn't be in such a shambles...but hey...Sheep is as Sheep does.

This is Florida State Homecoming week. There are plenty of activities to attend and I might do a couple of them, but I don't think I am going to the game this year. I have so many other things to do that Homecoming just doesn't seem important this year. Next year....2006...that's a different story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I have no idea about this coal plant of yours, it seems like a local issue. What the Republican Party has to do with that, I'm trying to figure out.

As for it being a party 'in shambles', I think it's kind of ridiculous to call a party in shambles when it controls the White House, the Senate, the House, and for all intents and purposes, the Supreme Court.

You want to talk shambles, look at Howard Dean making statements about the 'Ayatollahs on the Right', and Cindy Sheehan who is apparently the new spokesman for the Democratic Party. That is until she labels the rest of the left who doesn't march in lock step with her as 'War mongers' like she did other liberals like John McCain and Hillary Clinton.

Michael Staden said...

Just because the elephants "control" the House, Senate doesn't mean it's not in shambles. Bringing the country into war for the wrong reasons, scandals with high Republican officials and your former FEMA Director basically purgering himself about not having contact with the New Orleans Mayor and Louisana Governor. Tell me that's not shambles. I take the time to read the news everyday and watch TV (yes, including Fox News)

Believe me, just because Clinton received oral from Monica doesn't say he was perfect, but at least the country was in better shape and we're not on the verge of a major depression. I'll call out Democrats just as easily as I do Republicans..but since you "control" everything it's so much easier to do it.

Last time I checked, Cindy Sheehan isn't the spokesman for the Democratic Party and if she was I would probably turn in my card and change to Libertarian in a second.
I don't care much for Dean either, but if you think about what Dean said...his words were something I wouldn't have used, but he was right on. The Republican party thinks they can't be touched and their shit doesn't stink. Believe me, it doesn't smell that pretty.