Saturday, March 12, 2005

A wedding wish

I have a good friend that is getting married today. Someone gave this to me and I think it still stands today:


The Art of Marriage
A good marriage must be created.
In marriage, the little things are the big things...
Never being too old to hold hands.
Remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day.
Never going to sleep angry.
Having a mutual sense of values & common objectives.
Standing together facing the world.
Forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family.
Speaking words of appreciation & demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
Having the capacity to forgive and forget, and then forgetting what you forgave.
Giving each other an atmosphere in which to grown.
Not only marrying the right person, but being the right person.


I got this as a wedding present. I used it as my guiding principles throughout my marriage.

It was from my ex-wife. Ironic....isn't it??

Good luck to you Trish and Lee. You guys are great people and I wish you the best of luck and happiness in your future together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I love your blog and your picture!