Saturday, March 19, 2005

Vermont?? Bucknell?? WTF...

Hi.

You'll have to excuse me. There is a cat under my arm while I'm typing so it might take me longer to do this today.

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day....belated of course. Went to with a few people to Hooters to watch my friend win a beer toasting contest. When I get the toast I'll post it on the blog. After he won we decided to celebrate at a place I've never been to. It's amazing that I've been in Tallahassee and there are still drinking establishments that I haven't graced. Anyway, this place is called the Leon Pub. It used to be called Hole in the Wall and that name should have stuck. It's exactly that, but the beer just flows in there. I am thinking that's going to be a place I will frequent for a long time to come. Let's just say I was still drunk when I went into work on Friday.

Friday was...lets just say very hard to get through until I left work. I was still drunk basically until 11 or so, but I can "tow the line" very well. Sat through a meeting and a conference with the network installers of our new copier, which was functional when I left, so everything is set for training next week. Too bad I can't stay here in Atlanta another day. I left work, grabbed a Cuban Sandwich and Black Beans, went home and scarfed it while I was packing and drove straight up to the Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Cat just jumped up and ran.

Anyway, I think I broke some serious speed records getting up here. I felt like I was qualifying for a race I was driving so fast. I think I felt that I was going to puke so I needed to get up here as fast as possible. So, I found somewhere to park, met my friends and we went in to watch Nextel Cup Qualifying and the Truck Race. Let me tell you this...qualifying is boring unless the good people are running. No one cares about Billy Joe Bob Dumb Fuck running around on the speedway, but the place erupted when Bill Elliott took the track. It was a laugh fest when Kyle Busch ran into the wall going into Turn 3. He didn't even make a qualifying lap, but it was nice ragging on him anyway. My drivers did pretty well, but we'll see on Sunday. Track conditions will be completely different. It was so cold last night that even 2 cups of hot chocolate couldn't keep me warm. The truck race was pretty boring until the end. Bobby Labonte drove his ass off and there was a "Green/White" checkered finish. For those of you not up on NASCAR, email me and I'll explain what it means... :) He almost pulled off the win, but it really made for a great evening.

Today we're leaving for the track around noon, so we can get some shopping in and watch the Busch Qualifying, Nextel Happy Hour and Busch Race. Too bad they don't have Wi-Fi out there or I would blog from the track.

Crap...don't you hate when you forget to pack underwear for a trip. Looks like I'll be making a trip to Wal-mart this morning.

Well, I need to get motivated and get stuff done. Have a great day and we'll see you at the races!!


Peace, Love and Thick Blankets...(which was needed last night)
Me

P.S. I don't know about any of you people, but my brackets are completely fucked. I have to look at the damage later on, but it's not going to be pretty.

No comments: