Monday, August 16, 2004

"Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays..."

Hi.

I figured I would take some of my lunch hour off and write a little in here while it was fresh on my mind.

Work has been very busy. FEMA has come in and taken over our building to help coordinate the relief efforts in the central part of the state. Since my job is Telecommunications, I've been down there off and on checking on whether they need anything or if I can be of assistance. By the looks on all their faces, things are not going very well down there. Pray for them all.

I also just found out that one of my online friends lost a friend this morning. She died in her sleep and was only 23. Please say a prayer tonight for her and her family as well.

Okay on to my ramblings.....

Don't you hate people that are fake? I sure do.

Lately it feels like more and more people I have been in contact with are just so...fake. Now I don't mean fake as in their appearance (I've been to Tampa too many times, so I know what fake is) but I mean fake in their personality or the way they act towards me. I have more people that I talk to online that are more honest than the people that I consider close to me. That hurts because I really try to treat people as I like to be treated. Being hurt so many times in the past couple years has almost gotten me to the point where it would be easier to just shut down and not even deal with anyone, but that's not my nature. I love people, but I guess I need to reevaluate on who I consider a friend because I am TIRED of being hurt and I am tired of being mistreated.

Today I am going to do something I really don't want to do, but I have to. I HATE when I try to be a friend to someone and they basically blow me off, so I think for my sake I am going to have to cut them loose until they want to be in my life as a friend. Everyone knows that I give ALOT of people the benefit of the doubt on a lot of shit, but I think I know that I have met my limit. It really sucks because I liked her as a person, but when you try to talk to someone and they might answer your IM for a second and then no contact and then put themselves as busy...well F that. I am over it. I might get a note, or maybe a call, or maybe nothing...we'll see.

Well I better get back to work. The director of FEMA is across the street with our Governor right now and I think they might be over sometime. I better make myself look good. Good thing I got a haircut.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was really great!! Thanks for mentioning Melissa on there!! She was my dear friend and we will know what happened as soon as possible!! Thanks for being there for me when i have had my ups and downs!! I think sometimes i have reached my limit but i keep on going!!! Cassie