Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday thoughts

Hi all.

I figured while I was waiting on my neighborhood to wake up before I disturb them with my yard work I should write a little. I've been thinking about this all week and with the talks I've had with a couple people and the week I've had I wanted to vent a little and get some things off my chest.

So, how do you define a friend?

Like I said, I've been thinking about this long and hard and I wanted to write about this Tuesday but I know that it might be a little harsh and the point might not be taken the right way. 

Most of you know how much I treasure the friendships I've made but I've come to the realization that some people in my life are just acquaintances now. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and still consider them a friend even after being hurt but after talking to my true friends they've made me come to the realization I'm nothing more to them than a good time..and to be honest I'm not even having a good time when I'm with them. 

To me, a friend is someone that I can talk to about my thoughts, feelings, goals, dreams, relationships and I also let them vent to me about the same things going on with them and I don't judge them. It plain as day now that I can really only rely on a few people in my life including my mother who I can consider this. It sucks to think I have more acquaintances than friends and it's a slap in the face but it's life so now I move on with more clarity and direction...

Another thing I was discussing with a friend last night was about soulmates and what defines this. As she said to me, "Some people make connections that are beyond physical and intellectual and emotional. It's chemical or spiritual. Something that draws you to them no matter where they are or what they're doing or whether they're married and have a family with someone else". That is such a true statement. She also asked if you can have more than one soulmate. I told her absolutely. On a planet of billions of people there is a greater statistical chance that there is more than one person you can be with your entire life. I know I have a couple people and I think they know this as well. They've seen me being the best person and they've been there for me and picked me up when I've been at my worst. I don't think I stop enough and tell them how much you mean to me but I wanted to stop today and thank you. You have no idea how much of my heart you have and you will always have a part of me. No matter what you do in life I'm going to be your biggest supporter and if you need a pickup I'm there for you. And always if you need a flirt I'm also there to.... ;) Just know I love you very much.

Well I guess I should get up from the bed and get motivated. Hopefully I won't wake up anyone. I hope you all have a great Saturday and I love you...well most of you. 

Until next time...

Peace, Love and Thick Blankets!!

No comments: