Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Hi all.

Mom decided to take my cousin up on the Buddy Pass and go ahead and leave Saturday for DC. I'm glad she's up there. My aunt's friend came and got her and they went immediately to the hospital. Mom called to let me know that Deonne's lesions are in fact cancerous. She's going to have surgery for her hip...Deonne didn't tell anyone how bad she messed up her hip...and after the surgery next week they will start chemo on her back. It's only in a small section the doctors think they will be able to treat it very quickly and easily. I'm pretty positive so I know everything will go fine.

Well last night I did something really fun. I went to Wrestling. It's been a long time since I've been and WWE was in town. My good friend had tickets to his work's box so as he watched the Pats and the Jags play I got to watch something I really enjoy.

Do I know wrestling is "fake"? Sure but the punches and falls they take are not fake. I watched them take down the ring as we sat in the box and watched the end of the football game. Those rings have pretty much NO padding and it's all hardwood and steel underneath. I can truly understand how these guys..and girls..can have back, knee and head trauma. It's a dangerous life to entertain people. After last night I have more respect for those performers than I ever did. To see Shawn Michaels walk back from the end of the match shaking hands of fans but you can tell he was in complete pain. Another guy (Snitksy) walking back from the ring with a scowl on his face but noticeably limping. You can't "fake" that.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great Sunday and a wonderful week.

Peace, Love and Thick Blankets!!

No comments: