Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy New Year

Hi all.

Let me give you a status on what's been happening the past couple days. If you didn't know, Mom called me Monday morning pretty upset telling me that my aunt was admitted into the hospital Saturday night complaining of back pain again. I know she was having problems and I thought when she was back in Milton she received a shot for her back and it was better. Well Mom called and she said they did an MRI and they saw something and they didn't know what it was. It shocked me because I did think the worst but I went through the day and told Mom to let me know if I needed to come home. She said no and she would let me know after she found out more.

Mom called Monday night in tears and told me that with the preliminary tests they found lesions and they could be cancerous. I dropped everything, called the GF and told her I was going home. I got there and Mom had gone to a prayer meeting but when she got home I knew she wasn't doing well. She started crying again. She hadn't eaten anything all day and I could tell it was really affecting her. I hadn't seen her like this since my brother passed away. We talked for a long time and I tried to make her feel better. I finally got her to eat and drink something and got her into bed pretty late and when I passed out I finally let go. I really hate seeing her like this. She carries so much of a burden for the family and my sister isn't much a help. I'm just glad I was able to be there for her.

Tuesday I got her out of the house to run some errands and we talked about going up to DC. I told her I would get her a flight ASAP but she said she needed to work a bit and then she would go up. We talked some more and she's planning on leaving next Thursday from Jacksonville. She'll come over and spend time with me and I'll drive her over.

Today we talked and she said it's okay for me to go home and get back to work. She is in much better spirits and I'm glad I was able to be there for her.

I was there for her when my brother was sick and died but I thought I should have done more..but you always second-guess things like that afterward. I was going to visit the gravesite before I left town but I know there was no way I could make the drive back.

But anyway..that's what's going on. Thanks everyone for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers and lets hope the next round of tests find out some good news. I will keep you posted.

I love you all.

No comments: