Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy Turkey Day one and all!

Morning.

I thought that since I have a lot of time today that I would write and recap somethings that have been going on in my life. I know that the holiday is a time to give thanks to the people and things that have touched me over the past year.

  • I want to thank all my friends. Without you I wouldn't know where I would be. You've been my moral compass, my ear to vent and so many other things my fingers will bleed typing it all. Just know that I am always there for you.
  • I want to thank my family. It's been a pretty rough year for all of us, but I've learned the true meaning of family now.
  • Last, but not least, I want to thank my very special friend. When we first met back in October last year I didn't know what I would be getting myself into. People say nothing good comes from people you meet online, but I want you to know that you're everything that's good. We've shared a lot in the past year (and I've seen more than other people) and we're still friends.. :) I just want to let you know that I care about you very much and I love you...Shit ass... :)
Okay, enough mushy stuff...

Man, I hate the Gators, but I love Gator weekend. It's signals the end of football season and the end of tailgating season. This year without a doubt was the best I've had. There was great fellowship and crazy drunkeness. I wouldn't have it any other way. This year being "Tailgate Czar" has been interesting. If I can vent about one thing is that I wish people could make decisions and just go with them. Everyone is so scared to have an opinion. I would hope that no one would get pissed for someone speaking their mind, but if it happens they obviously have the problem. With that being said, I think I am going to stop coordinating and let someone else handle it. I just want to bring my stuff to the tailgate without having to start a bunch of emails to make things happen. I know that people aren't going to be happy with it, but I need a break. This past tailgate was nice, but the only problem is that I am stupid and possibly missed out on an opportunity. God usually doesn't drop stuff like that in your lap, so you need to take advantage when you can. I missed out...CRAP!

The end of football season means the end of not sitting with my "football sitting buddy". It's been really nice with her this season. She's been the best thing to my ego in a long time.. :) I haven't decided on whether I'll be an Animal this year, but if I do I know that I can count on her to sit next to me. (if I don't freak her out)

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I will be going home to spend time with Mom and the rest of the family. This will be a very special Thanksgiving as the whole community is still dealing with the effects of the Ivan. I don't plan on spending that much time over there because I have to come back and take care of somethings here at home. Hopefully I can get back over in the weekend to help them clear out more debris. The house was leveled and a new trailer will be brought in probably today so she will be in there until they decide when the house is rebuilt. Contractors are hard to come by, so I don't see her out of that for a long time.

Well I need to get some work done so I have to say goodbye for now. I'll write more later this afternoon during the storm.

No comments: