Thursday, September 2, 2004

And now for something completely different...

I figured today since I wrote such a "boring" blog yesterday, today I would talk about a couple new issues from yesterday and not talk about my "boring" weekend anymore.... (good enough for ya??)

Well, Kobe Bryant got off. I can't say that I am happy or sad about it, but at least it's over. The prosecution completely botched this case. They should have never brought this case to trial unless they could guarantee a conviction. If I was the District Attorney I wouldn't have taken this case.

Now don't get me wrong, I am for victim's rights and I support rape survivors in getting over what happens to them and understand there that people need to be brought to justice, but I think that she was in this for the money. I don't know who was in her ear to begin with, but I think she received bad advice. If some of the material that came out afterward, like she had sex immediately after her encounter with Kobe is true, that completely screwed her case and then makes her look like she was out for money all along. I believe there was a sexual encounter (hell Kobe admitted it), but I do believe that it was consenting and then she just cried wolf when she asked for cash. She's still going to get paid, but it won't be as much now. I know it sounds cynical, but that's how I feel. I think she's made it so much worse for people who have been assaulted to come forward.

Now on to something else....I was talking to a friend last night about who I was going to vote for. He gave me the following thing to think about....

I'll ask you to consider this. What is the most important issue in the election. Schools, Taxes, War on Terror or what? Once you figure that out. Figure out who seems stronger, more like a leader and who do the terrorist fear. That should help you decide. :) Besides. Don't you want your buddy to stay employed. (He works for a Government Contractor)

I don't think it's an issue on whether who the terrorists fear...They don't fear either one of them. George W got the Bin Laden family out of the country immediately after 9/11 so they know if any other shit happens they are protected. Kerry flip flops on everything.

I don't think it's an issue on Schools or Taxes. We know that the "No Child Left Behind" program that W instituted is not working. Kerry hasn't given us anything new to think over. As regarding taxes...It was fiscally irresponsible to give tax break when we are in a war footing. Money shouldn't be given back to the people, it should be given to make sure our troops are supplied, not to make the richest percentile richer.

What bothers me is that my general question was never answered. WHY ARE WE IN IRAQ? America's sole responsibility should have been to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice FIRST, then deal with the War on Terror. More countries would respect us if we did that. But instead we decided to ambush and destroy a country that we had no interest in. Earlier in the year (2001) we had Congressional meetings telling the world that there were no weapons of distruction in Iraq, but instantly after 9/11 they have them?? Not possible. We picked on a country because we were told not to get Bin Laden or more shit would happen to us. That might sound a little conspiracy-esque, but if people took the time to look at the facts it's really simple. There are so many people getting rich off this war (Dick Cheney, the Bushes, etc.) that I feel like I am getting screwed, but who is getting f**ked the worst is those young men and women that are fighting in Iraq. I support my tropps 110%, but I want them to be fighting for a purpose and right now I don't see one.

GET BIN LADEN NOW, BRING HIM BACK, THEN LET'S GO GET THE OTHER TERRORISTS...

I can't vote for Bush until I see Bin Laden in chains or his head on a platter.

And as far as my buddy staying employed...Kerry will send more troops to finish the job, so he's going to be employed for a long time to come. We're just going to go over and do things the right way.

Okay I've bitched enough...

Florida is so going to get screwed this weekend. Please pray for those people in harm's way.

Talk to you later.

No comments: