Friday, January 1, 2016

Friday thoughts...of 2015

When I end a year I always look back at three things. How my year went professionally, financially and personally.

Professionally: 2015 was an awesome year. I had a lot of projects take place and completed, my new hire made it through his probationary period and I finally received a raise! While I still have to deal with my problem employee I've finally gained the respect from my management team and they have my back on the ways I've dealt with him. Honestly I wish I could get rid of him, but that'll never happen...so onto 2016 with him. 

Financially: 2015 was not a great year. Even though I received a raise my investments took another bad hit. I am really hoping that this year I finally get a turn around and see some positives. I've debated at least twice on whether I sell my home and downsize, but the market just isn't turning over houses, but with the news I've read of people buying in 2016..I could possibly move forward.

Personally: 2015 was definitely an interesting year. Social media tells me I've met so many people but honestly there is only a few people that I met that I've cared about. These people are friends in the truest sense of the word. Whether it was a late night text, needing someone to vent to, needing a shoulder to cry on and so many other things I can't even tell you. I owe you all so much that I hope 2016 brings us even closer together!

I reconnected with my "ride or die" this year. It was so good taking the time to ride down to spend time with her..if even for a couple hours. I see 2016 being a year where I will make the time for a couple Naples trips. 

I got to spend time with a lot of my close friends, which I call my "Family by Choice". They truly are the people that keep me sane. I wouldn't have gotten through this year without their love and support. It made my heart smile that I could offer up Casa de Toker to so many people this year. This year..they'll be offering up their houses to me.. ;) I love all of you so much.

Even though I spent a lot of time with so many good people 2015 was the year I made a conscious effort to release myself from the negative people in my life. It sucks because I am the ultimate optimist and I try to see the good in everyone. 2015 the trust circle got a lot tighter but in the end it's for the best.

I tried to give my heart to a couple of women this year but things didn't go as planned. I'm a pretty private person, so even thinking about investing in someone was a really big step. I don't come away from it bitter at all, I'm a little disappointed because I know how much I can give and how ready I am to be in someone's life, and for someone to be in mine. Through all this I have learned a lot not just about me, but about the women I've wanted to invest my heart with. I know that God has a plan for me on who I'm supposed to be with, but I can be a very impatient person. I feel I'm a pretty good catch so I'm sure 2016 will bring many attempts at love but who knows..it could be a minute before I start looking again. 

And last but not least my relationship with my mother is even closer, if that can even happen. She is my rock, my heart and my everything. I can only hope that I am a good representative of you. She'll never read this, but I love you so much Mom!!

My wish to all of you is a happy and healthy new year. I've decided to come back to writing this year so as I start my adventures you'll be in the loop. 

Peace, Love and Thick Blankets friends...I love you.
Me

No comments: