Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tuesday Ramblings

Hi.

I was going to write about this on Valentine's Day but I thought it would be hokie for me to do it. I thought about doing it the other day but one of my friends sent me a rant that totally threw me off guard and took me off focus. Tonight after a really nice dinner and Girl Scout cookies I think I can write a little bit.

What is Love?

I know it's a song from Haddaway or some people might remember the song from A Night at the Roxbury but Love is such a tough word to explain. You first have it when you mother or father hold you in their arms for the first time. You have it when that first girl or guy gives you more attention than you expect. It might have been that first time you made love. It's so many things to so many people.

Love was a word that I couldn't really say growing up. Don't get me wrong, there was PLENTY of love in our house but it just wasn't a word that was spoken. When I first started dating and I really was in love with this girl it was so hard for me to say that word. I don't think it was because of my home life but I think it changed to a fear of not hearing the word back. I know that seems silly, but if you think about it in High School it was pretty important to be liked/loved/respected. I knew a lot of people liked me but I wanted that one person to love me. I think we dated and I honestly don't remember if I ever said I loved her.

Coming to FSU it was still tough because of that fear of rejection...then I found someone that truly loved me. It wasn't because of sex or what I gave them but because they accepted me for ME. When I first said it I can remember her saying, "It's about damn time". After that I came to the realization that I shouldn't be afraid to say it. If someone doesn't return the favor it doesn't matter. You should always take that time to those people you care about feel special.

I still don't take the word lightly so when I say it I truly mean it.

I love you...and you all know who you are.

On a side note my little sister was sharing dreams and I talked about a recurring dream. It's always in cartoon and it's always with the Scooby Doo Gang. Now that I'm thinking about it, I also used to have dreams with Speed Buggy in them when I was little.

So I ask the question made famous from the Barenaked Ladies, "When you dream..what do you dream about?" I'm interested to find out.

Peace, Love and Thick Blankets

No comments: