Anyway, hi there.
I figured while I was stuck here running cameras and audio for without a doubt the longest hearing I've ever been associated with I had an epithany...
I am a glutton for punishment.
If I would have said a few years ago, "No, ma'am. I know nothing about Audio/Visual. I think you should hire someone.", I wouldn't be stuck here. The only good thing about this is that I won't be blowing leave time for next week. (Insert the Happy Dance here)
Anyway, I was thinking...what does everyone else do in a normal, or abnormal, day at work..when you get home..stuff like that.
Don't be shy...I love to learn and hey...it gives me a reason to think I have it better than most of you.. :)
I'll start with me:
- Wake up sometime around 5:00 to 5:30 (yes, I can't control it.)
- Lay in bed and listen to Internet Radio to gain the news of overnight and catch up on the sports of the night.
- Alarm goes off at 6:45...turn it off and lay in bed.
- Alarm goes off again at 7:00...turn it off and walk to the shower.
- The 3 S's...if you don't know...I'll tell you later.
- Take at least 20 minutes to find out what I am going to wear...then I start running late.
- Get to work and say my hello's to everyone.
- If it's a workshop or hearing day I prepare our Hearing Room for meetings. If it's not a Hearing day I push paperwork and prepare requisitions.
- Talk to my friends on IM when I get free moments.
- Push more paperwork or read technical manuals on new telecommunication items for the agency.
- Hopefully, it's 5pm or 5:30 and then I drive home.
- Take off all my clothes and run naked for at least 5 minutes before I find something to wear for the evening...(I guess that's the carefree side coming out...and I don't run naked outside thank you)
- Do either housework, pay bills, laundry or watch a little TV.
- Listen to Internet Radio, Podcasts and then go to sleep.
Now in that day also include multiple calls from my girlfriend and other friends, maybe going to the driving range with my Golf Clubs, Working out, Catching up on MySpace, Blogging and basically that's a day in the life of Toker.
Future endeavors will include:
- Getting up @ 5:30 and start walking..again.
- When I get home before I play Golf hit the weight bench and work out...again.
- Cutting back on the grease in my food...again.
- More "me time" before I give myself to my friends in the evening.
What you don't see is:
- Stopping drinking. :)
I told you people I am boring...now when I leave and go on trips it's completely different.
So, I've opened up...now it's your turn. Don't be shy..it's only the free world that reads this.
I can't wait to read everyone's comments. And if you are scared you can just email it to me. I understand.
Everyone have a safe weekend and a good week. I will be out of pocket Sunday through Tuesday afternoon.
Peace, Love and Thick Blankets