Friday, February 11, 2005

Friday Movie Review...

I don't need to be going out and drinking until puling anymore, so I've decided until I get a date that I am going to review movies I get from Netflix. Tonight...Chasing Amy

This is the story of two guys (Ben Affleck and Jason Lee) who created a comic book Bluntman and Cronic, who were friends from their hometown. (Jay and Silent Bob)

Ben's character meets the girl of his dreams, who just happens to be a lesbian. Little does he know that she falls in love with him and wrestles with her sexuality but decides he's the one she wants. I don't want to give the story away but basically Ben fucks up a perfectly good relationship with two people because of a stupid proposition.

From listening to friends about this was "the worst movie ever", I almost didn't watch. After seeing this movie I think it's one of Kevin Smith's best. Being torn between loving someone and not forgiving them for their past is the basic struggle of most relationships. Kevin definitely puts it in your face. You really think this story is real, like something he's been through.

I would recommend this movie if you want to do the "chick date" thing at home. Let your eyes get a little moist at the end and you'll be laid in 20 minutes. (Yeah, that's the dog in me saying that) Anyway, I still think this is a good movie.

Next week I'll be in Orlando, so I might do my review on Thursday. My choices are Pulp Fiction, Rounders or Jersey Girl. (another Kevin Smith flick)

I'll be taking recommendations all this weekend.

P.S. Someone led me to this site called Gizoogle. It takes web sites and "Snoop Dog's" them up. I did mine so you want to take a look here is the link.

No comments: