Monday, November 8, 2004

I think I am getting the hang of this blogging thing...

Now before I comment on last weekend, someone sent me a comment on my previous blog. I normally don't comment on things people send me, but I feel the need to blow off some steam. Here's what they said:

Yes, it's all Republicans gloating. There are no Democrats whining are there? I actually saw a "panel" on MSNBC last night claiming that the death of the REPUBLICAN party is near!Tax cuts were for everyone last time, not just the wealthy. I'm certainly not rich, and I'm paying less taxes than before.Quit buying into the propaganda and think for yourself.

Obviously this is someone that has no idea who I am because if this is one of my friends I would have some serious doubts on their sanity. Everyone that has any concept of who I am knows damn good and well that I think for myself quite well. I haven't been on this piece of dirt for 36 years by following ANYONE. And to quote on each of this person's dumbass comments:

  • Yes, it's all Republicans gloating. There are no Democrats whining are there? Last time I checked none of my Democratic friends are whining. the election was held and Bush won fair and square. Of course I am upset, but anyone would if their candidate didn't win. Now I am not saying that all Republicans are gloating, but there are plenty of people in the media are. I see that as completely childish. Kids that win awards in high school or a boy that got a chance to kiss that girl that everyone talks about can gloat. Sensible, intelligent adults have NO REASON acting like spoiled brats and basically that's what this person is.
  • I actually saw a "panel" on MSNBC last night claiming that the death of the REPUBLICAN party is near! Now I wouldn't go as far as to make a crazy statement like that, but there are rifts in the GOP, just as there are rifts in the Democratic Party. I do feel by the next election you will see different party that you see right now. There are Republicans that don't like Bush, but unlike Democrats they are not afraid to say it. Look, if we prop up Hillary Clinton in 2008 I will be EXTREMELY pissed and depending on the Republican I would change my vote, but right now I am still Democratic.
  • Tax cuts were for everyone last time, not just the wealthy. I'm certainly not rich, and I'm paying less taxes than before. What this clown doesn't understand that tax cuts ARE for the wealthy. Giving someone back a measly $300-600 did absolutely nothing for the people in the lower and middle class, but tell that guy making over $200K how much he got back and he'll tell you that was awesome. The way this country, and the world for that matter, is that the people that have make their money from the have-nots. I have no problem for anyone getting as much as you can get, but I do have a problem that people that have money, or poor people as well, get money when we are in a time of war. President Bush said early on that we are fighting a "different kind of war". I hate to tell you, but it's the same kind that everyone else has fought since time began...we're just using more expensive play toys. It's just not fiscally responsible to give tax cuts when you are in wartime. To raise money to fight this war, just tell me how that's happening? We are writing checks that our kids and grandkids have to pay. That's not fair to them. People can bitch all they want about Clinton (and actually that's a matter between him and his wife and not the American people), but he saw we were in a bad way and with tax increases and fiscal responsibility we did balance the budget and everyone got paid..not just the wealthy.
  • Quit buying into the propaganda and think for yourself. And you honestly didn't think Republicans were not spewing it as well?? Let's see...vote Republican or we're going to be attacked again (Quote from our VP) Look, we can be attacked no matter who is in office. And why are we attacked? We are viewed by the rest of the world as elitist snobs. You know what? In some cases, they are right. We spend so much money abroad on so many issues we can't solve the simple problems we have at home like poverty, health care and homelessness. How dare we try to spread our message of peace when we still have racism? Other countries look to us as hyprocrites...they are right. My stance has always been...take care of your shit at home before you fix anyone elses shit.....and it ain't happening.

Anyway...I feel much better. I'll talk about my weekend later today...

Peace.


No comments: